Saturday, August 26, 2006

Episode 10 Show Notes; Live from Cape Cod

Hi from Cape Cod everyone! Jealous?

Before I left, Wendy and I recorded episode 10 of Knitty D and the City. We celebrated with cake (yum from Genardi's) and lots of good chatting about, what else, yarn! and knitting! and stitch markers!

New to the podcast? Want to catch up on old episodes? Check out our archives on our blog, knitty d and the city or you can go to Podcast Alley or Podcast Pickle (links on the blog).

What am I working on? In a moment of weakness after falling apart with North Sea, I cast on the baby blanket from the 3 piece baby set by Blue Sky Alpacas. Instead of doing it in Blue Sky, I'm making it in Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran in a lovely PEA GREEN color. That way, if the kid barfs on it, no worries.

Congrats to Wendy for finishing Tulip, Clapotis and Icarus. You go girl. See her finished projects on her blog knit and the city.

Don't forget to check out knitty.com for some great (free) patterns including Clapotis and Ella.

Another blog we enjoy reading, knit and tonic. See another of the Wendy knitters.

You can score some of the cashmere I made clapotis in (Estelle) at Loop. The colors are DELICIOUS!

We reviewed the mose recent issues of Vogue Knitting and Interwave Knits as well as two issues of Rebecca

Don't do Rowan; here is the ball gown in kidsilk night

An update, since we recorded the podcast, I received my knit picks needles AND my Lisa Souza Sock yarn. I love them both. More on that in the next podcast.

Got a palm pilot or a treo? Download knitable software as recommended by Wendy.

Welcom back PRISONBREAK!!!

Finally, JOIN OUR KNIT-A-LONG! Go to The Black Bunny Hop A Long Blog for details and links to the shops where you can buy your very own black bunny fiber(s). More to come, including an interview with the Matron of Black Bunny herself, Carol.

Okay, I'm off to the beach, or to play tennis, or to knit or to nap.

Peace, love and yarn,
Knitty D

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am loving this episode! Your reviews of the magazines are right on target--a couple of those Interweave patterns definitely qualify for "You Knit What?" status. Have a great time at the Cape! I, the teacher, am back to work this week, so I really wish I were there!

10:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a great time down the cape! Are you planning to stop in Boston to check out the yarn shops there as well?

Also you keep mentioning this yarn shop in Plymouth, but although most of my family lives in that area I am not familar with it. Can you give us some more info?

While my comment is getting long anyways, I wanted to mention that on our way to VA for our family vacation we totally had everyone stop at Loop, because I had so much wanted to see it after hearing so much about it from you two. My daughter who spotted the sign got her pick of yarn for a project of her choice. She leaned towards the Noro at first but ultimately chose Adrienne Vittadini Dianna in citron because it was "the color of highlighters". Why ever would that have been in the sale bin? :P

11:33 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Great show-love the idea of a Knitty D and the City notions bag!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Sharah said...

I have to agree with what you guys said about Meg Swanson. It is really disconcerting when she refers to EZ as if she was just some knitting lady; instead of her mom. The Opinionated Knitter is worse, because Meg put the book together, and while it is awesome, its really hard to read her talk about EZ as if she wasn't related...

11:32 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Loved this episode!!! Great information but presented in such a fun way.

Thanks for taking the time to do the podcast.

5:30 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth said...

Ya'll rock. I love your episodes.

One request though, sometimes I have to really turn up the sound because one of you is too far from the microphone and then the other shouts out (which is funny) and my ears bleed.

Love you!

8:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great episode. Love the magazine reviews. Please continue to do them along with book reviews. Thanks for all the work you put into the podcast. I like the idea of the notions bag as opposed to T-shirts.

5:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home