Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Here's a sneak peak at the Knitty D and the City Notions Bags!

As you can see, these 5 x 5 bags are beautifully decorated on the front and the back (my iron has been working overtime!!), and each bag comes with an individually designed, unique set of stitchmarkers, made by Knitty D and I.


It's not Cafe Press, but they're fun, and we hope you'll like them!

When we started this podcast, as I've said before, I thought of it like an old Judy Garland/Andy Rooney movie - where the kids all gather 'round, and the dialogue goes something like this, "hey, we have those costumes left over from last year's Christmas pageant, and my dad's barn in the back yard - hey, that could be a stage. Let's do it gang, let's put on a show." Unfortunately, we are not financed by MGM, and it's really hard to turn a barn into the Palace. So, think of these bags and stitchmarkers as our online Lemonade Stand. If we actually raise any money, it will go towards new equipment, and making our show better for our listeners.

Again, we thank everyone so much for their support. We really enjoy putting this show together, and it still surprises us every day that we have about 1000 people listening per show. And, a special shout out to Susan in Germany and Carol in the UK for our first two audio comments. We were so excited to get them, and we'll definitely be playing them on the next podcast.

So, sometime in the next week or so, I'll be opening an Etsy store to sell our little totes and stitchmarkers. Look for the link soon!

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please let me know if you take pre-orders... I want one...

I'll send a check...

1:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to pre-order too! AND I want extra stitch markers! Please, oh please, let me order extra sets. I'll be your best listener, I promise! Pretty please! SMILE!

2:45 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Thanks for the support! If anyone wants to preorder markers, just email me, and we'll work it out!

pdwendy@msn.com

ps - Gail, I only have one set of bulldogs, and I'll hold them for you!

5:29 PM  
Blogger Knittah said...

What was the old Gilda Radner sketch on Saturday Night Live - was it the Judy Show? Well, whatever, you guys kinda remind me of that too. You are awesome and your enthusiasm for knitting is absolutely contagious. Hmmmm, maybe I should send YOU the bill for my growing stash! *grin* Can't wait for the Etsy shop to open!

12:36 PM  
Blogger Christine said...

I am *such* a Yarn Slut. I love the bags and the stitch markers too!

6:50 PM  
Blogger Natalie Louise Zarsadias said...

I'm a huge fan... Love the totes and stitch markers. I'm a HUGE yarn slut. Gotta get me one of those totes.

2:02 PM  
Blogger Shannon said...

Awesome idea! I will definitely be getting one.

5:48 PM  
Blogger Shoe Girl said...

Those stitch markers are super hot! Love the show and can't wait until the shop opens so I can make up my mind!!!

1:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home